- The Journey School is an open enrollment public charter school.
- New Kindergarten applicants must be 5 by September 1st or seek admission under The Journey School Early Kindergarten Admission Policy. For children who turn age 5 between September 2nd-December 31stplease see Early Kindergarten Admission policy details below.
- Each student must complete an individual application (i.e. not one application for the family).
EARLY KINDERGARTEN ADMISSION POLICY
If a child turns five years old between September 2nd and December 31st, they may be eligible for consideration for early admission to kindergarten, based on the following procedures:
- Applications must indicate on the student’s application for admission that the student will turn five between September 2nd and December 31st.
- Children must complete a classroom observation and an Early Childhood Screening before they may enroll in the school.
- The screening results must be share with the school office. If the child passes the four Developmental screens and is assessed by the classroom observation teacher as kindergarten ready, they will be considered eligible for kindergarten and may enroll.
- Applications for early admission to kindergarten will be considered immediately after The Journey School’s general lottery. Students recommended for early admission to kindergarten will be enrolled after all kindergarten-eligible students are placed and there is additional space available.
- While a spot may be offered, enrollment is contingent on the screening of the child’s knowledge and understanding, physical motor skills, communication skills, social/ emotional development and an observation in a kindergarten classroom.